Why we need JFS Worcester, often desperately …
- An increasing number of elders and their caregivers desperately chasing fewer and fewer sources of help. JFS needs your support so we can grow…to meet this growing demand.
- Here, child and family counseling is a big part of our core mission. Our staff are all top professionals: experienced, caring, effective. If 25% of the time we spend on these cases is non-reimbursable (as we estimate it is), as a nonprofit we can fundraise to make up the difference.
- If you need the service, you get the service, even if you can't pay the full – or (in some circumstances) any of – the cost. This is especially important for elders, who may be alone and scraping by. In the Worcester area, for geriatric care management, we are the only service that will reduce the rate or provide some help for free.
- Donors save the day. When you charge reduced rates or nothing, you can't keep the doors open without a lot of individual donors…like you, we hope.
- Guardianship is where the Jewish tradition of tzedakah - performing acts of righteousness and loving kindness, a tradition deeply at the root of JFS – surfaces most poignantly. JFS is the last family these elders have.
Why donate to JFS Worcester? Click here to learn more.
How JFS Recognizes Your Gift
- Your name is listed in key agency publications, including the Annual Report. These are distributed to foundations, community leaders and donors.
- You will receive special communications from the Executive Director on JFS activities and events.
- You will be invited to the donor appreciation party in June, and other JFS events and programs.
- You can be inscribed on a leaf of our “Tree of Life” at the entrance of JFS. The following recognitions are available. You can add to your gift over the years:
- Leadership: $20,000+
- Benefactor: $10,000 – $19,999
- Patron: $5,000 – $9,999
- Chai: $1,800 – $4,999
- Supporter: $1,000 – $1,799
- Donor: $500 – $999
To contact JFS Worcester:
Director, Community & Program Development of Central MA